User Interface Designer
We need an experienced curator with passion for great design and aesthetics
As a UI/UX designer on the Squire team, you will help design and build the UI and User Experience, which enables users to recapture the lost benefits of a secondary school environment by making every campus, regardless of size, feel like a small classroom. This role offers a large degree of design freedom to redefine how students collaborate with each other through an immersive yet unobtrusive UI that doesn’t detract from the core functionality of the app. Ideal candidates are software developers or Graphic designers with a demonstrated interest in and passion for great design and aesthetics. The ability to work closely with and influence graphics and interaction designers will be a key skill.
- Prototype, develop and improve the UI and user experience for the Squire web and mobile applications.
- Ability to iterate and incrementally deliver UI and user experiences to user testing well before general release.
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work cross-functionally across design and engineering to polish the product experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Undergraduate degree in Software engineering, Computer Science or Art & Design
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- A desire to build well-engineered reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Experience and ability to build working UI quickly
- Great attitude towards work and people
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
- Focus on quality, sweating the details, and delighting our users
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- You love making things beautiful, and you have a strong understanding of usability and visual design
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Squire is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Ideally 2 — 4 years experience in building web user interfaces and working in a team
Full time, on site at our HQ in Edmonton, CA